experiences since splitting the list - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Anton Stöckl
Subject experiences since splitting the list
Date
List pgsql-general
Hey guys,

as I just read a discussion about another new list (newbie) in
the ".. LOGO .." thread, here's my experience since the list was
splitted:

If you look at the ports and the bugs list, you'll see, that there
are more questions than answers. I personally didn't get any answer,
since the split. I'm on this list for a year or so, and I can tell you
that it was MUCH better before the split.
As one of the biggest disadvantages of PostgreSQL vs. MySql/.... is the
lack of documentation (not my words - you'll remember some discussions
about that) I consider that to be VERY bad.
What is the sense of the bug templates and the new lists, if nobody
answers?
I consider those lists to be very important, as you can't work with PG
if
I doesn't compile.

What are your experiences?

regards, Tony