From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [pgsql-hackers-owner+M6959@postgresql.org: Majordomo Delivery Error]
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Roberto Mello <rmello@cc.usu.edu> writes:
>     I think somebody has the "owner" address forwarding to the list.

No, certainly not --- otherwise we'd all be drowning in bounce messages.
The Postgres mailing lists are correctly configured.  However, there are
certain sites that run broken mail software that sends bounce messages
back to the author of the individual message being bounced, rather than
sending 'em to the list owner address like it should.

If you get a bounce message for mailing list traffic that you authored,
then forward it to Marc, who otherwise may not find out that the dead
address needs to be removed from the lists.

You might also try complaining to the postmaster at the offending site,
but I've found that's generally a waste of time; if the admin had a clue
you'd never have seen any bounce anyway.