Re: Why the index is not used ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jean-Paul Argudo
Subject Re: Why the index is not used ?
Date
RE: Why the index is not used ?  (ROS Didier <didier.ros@edf.fr>)
List pgsql-general
Dear Didier,

Le lundi 08 octobre 2018 à 08:32 +0000, ROS Didier a écrit :
> Hi Virendra
>     You think that outside encryption of the database is the best solution     ?
>                How do you manage the encryption key ?
>     Can you give me some examples of this kind of solution.
> Best Regards
> Didier ROS

If I understand your need well, you need to store credit card information into your database.

This is ruled by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (aka PCI DSS).

I attend some years ago a real good presentation from Denish Patel, a well known community member.

I saw this talk in pgconf 2015 in Moscow: https://pgconf.ru/media2015c/patel.pdf

I recommend you read it, if you had not already? It shows code examples, etc.

My 2 cents...

--
Jean-Paul Argudo