Re: tzdata 2016j - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vladimir Borodin
Subject Re: tzdata 2016j
Date
List pgsql-hackers

6 дек. 2016 г., в 19:19, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> написал(а):

On Tue, Dec 06, 2016 at 10:52:47AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
Vladimir Borodin <root@simply.name> writes:
Any chance to get tzdata 2016j in supported branches?

When the next scheduled releases come around (February), we'll update
to whatever tzdata is current at that time.

I'm guessing that request came through because Vladimir is actually
affected by the change.

Apparently, you can replace the tzdata file and restart the server per
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/FAQ#Will_PostgreSQL_handle_recent_daylight_saving_time_changes_in_various_countries.3F

Yep, both packages for RHEL and Ubuntu are built with --with-system-tzdata=/usr/share/zoneinfo configure option so updating system package and restarting postgres is sufficient. Thanks!

--
May the force be with you…