Re: [HACKERS] New pg_type for large object - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] New pg_type for large object
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> What I would like to know is, can a large object data type be added as
> an internal data type?    The various "lo_" functions should
> eventually be overloaded (or modified) to be able to use this data
> type.   But it is not necessary at this time.  I believe this addition
> is a very low risk change, and I would very much like to get to have
> it in the 6.3.2 release for distribution.   May I submit the patch, or
> would someone kindly hack it in for us?

I'm not certain exactly what you want (didn't read very closely and it
doesn't fall in an area I've worked with) but it is not likely to be in
v6.3.2 since we're already in the freeze period. However, I would
suggest revisiting the subject just after the release, perhaps roping in
others who have worked with large objects (Peter Mount comes to mind).

There will be a ~2 month period for working on new capabilities, and
this might fit into that.

                       - Tom