Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pg14 psql broke \d datname.nspname.relname
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I still have a vague feeling that there's probably some way of doing
> this better, but had more or less resolved to commit this patch as is
> anyway and had that all queued up. But then I had to go to a meeting
> and when I came out I discovered that Tom had done this:

Sorry, it didn't occur to me that that would impinge on what you
were doing over here ... though in retrospect I should have thought
of it.

> I don't know whether that's a bug fix for the existing code or some
> new bit of functionality that \dconfig requires and nothing else
> needs.

Well, \dconfig needs it because it would like foo.bar to get processed
as just a name.  But I think it's a bug fix because as things stood,
if the caller doesn't provide a schemavar and the pattern contains a
dot, the code just silently throws away the dot and all to the left.
That doesn't seem very sane, even if it is a longstanding behavior.