Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Problem with restoring dump (may be tsearch-related)
Date
List pgsql-general
"Markus Wollny" <Markus.Wollny@computec.de> writes:
> Now you mention it, I
> believe that all of the strings which are in one of these "parse error
> at or near"-messages are actually preceded by a HTML-umlaut or the like:

Oooh, interesting.

> But why would ordinary plain text cause these parse-errors?

Very good question.  What would be worth doing next is trying to load
the dump file with query logging enabled, and then look in the
postmaster log file to see what query the backend thinks it's getting.

I am still suspicious that we're dealing with some weird
character-set-conversion behavior, but we need to nail down the
facts first.

            regards, tom lane