Re: LOG: could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory - Mailing list pgsql-general

From John R Pierce
Subject Re: LOG: could not fork new process for connection: Cannot allocate memory
Date
List pgsql-general
On 8/25/2016 11:49 AM, Ahsan Ali wrote:

> I having my production server service intruption because of this
> "Cannot allocate memory" error in the db log.

could you paste the whole error message?

what version of postgres is this?

what OS (if linux, distribution) version is this?

older versions of postgres require kernel.shmmax and some other settings
to be increased if you request larger shared_memory settings.   this is
likely what you're running into.