Possible replacement regex - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Hannu Krosing
Subject Possible replacement regex
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Henry Spencer <henry@zoo.toronto.edu> wrote:

> > Would you recommend we replace our regex stuff with something else?
>
> My only real competitor :-) right now appears to be the GNU rx package,

Actually there is a very nice regular expression package (re) inside the
python 1.5 (http://www.python.org/)
distribution (it does the perl-style regular expressions, with some
minor differences to fit the python programming model)

There is also an older version (regex) that does
emacs/grep/awk/xxx-style regex (selectable by set_syntax)

They all fall under the python license which seems to me very compatible
with postgresql ona.

Hannu Krosing