Re: [QUESTIONS] constraint clause - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [QUESTIONS] constraint clause
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I am trying to track down the actual text of the SQL92 standard.
> In a HotBot search I found a page that declared the standard is
> only available in hardcopy (no Web page) on the page:
>
>    http://www.naiua.org/std-orgs.html
>
> It went on to say that the standard could be ordered from ANSI
> or ISO.  Do you know if this is true (only in hardcopy)?

Yes, I believe this is likely true. The standards organizations pay for
some of their operation by selling hardcopies. Probably not extremely
cheap, either...

>  Also,
> are the ISO and ANSI standards identical?  I searched both the
> www.ansi.org and www.iso.ch sites and all I could find were an
> interface to order the books and no mention as to whether or
> not the standards were identical.

I believe that they are, but don't know with absolute certainty. I had
found a text file of a draft of the standard somewhere on the web
(perhaps at berkeley?), which I hope is close to the final version.

                                                            - Tom