Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues (fwd) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Open 6.3 issues (fwd)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here are the items.  Can I remove any of them?
>
> Get interfaces fixed for new protocol

We should call these out individually...

> Do we want to add timestamps to elog messages?

One of Massimo's patches did this. Should someone apply it? Won't be me
though. Also, will affect many regression tests so someone would have to go
through those...

> 'Can not write block blind' error on createdb and regression collision

This is a show-stopper...

> Commit sgml document sources(Thomas)
> Commit html documents(Thomas)
> Commit postscript documents(Thomas)

Will start on final doc formatting tonight; have a small section to write to
summarize the docs. Also, will need to redraw the figures since
bitmap->Applix->bitmap looks bad, and resizing makes it worse.

> Check select_views regression test

imo, all regression discrepencies are show-stoppers. This must be done, and if
noone else picks it up I will try to get to it. All it needs is for someone to
go through that test and verify that the new results are valid equivalent
reorderings of the old results (it's possible that the behavior of the
geometry operators has changed for the better, so that the new results are
better too). The byte count of the files is the same, and on first glance the
results are equivalent. But, someone should check more carefully.

> Linux library issues?

It appears that glibc2.0.7 will fix the problem. Andrew has updated the Linux
FAQ.