Valid ports for v6.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Valid ports for v6.3
Date
Re: [HACKERS] Valid ports for v6.3  ("Thomas A. Szybist" <szybist@boxhill.com>)
Re: [HACKERS] Valid ports for v6.3  ("Billy G. Allie" <Bill.Allie@mug.org>)
Re: [HACKERS] Valid ports for v6.3 -- NetBSD/i386 compile errors  (Brook Milligan <brook@trillium.NMSU.Edu>)
Re: [HACKERS] Valid ports for v6.3  (Ryan Kirkpatrick <rkirkpat@nag.cs.colorado.edu>)
List pgsql-hackers
Here is my current list for porting status for the v6.3 release. I may
have missed at least a few reports, e.g hpux, irix??

Since the porting support has changed for v6.3, if a system is not
tested it should be assumed to be broken. Any regression test done since
Feb 1 will count as "confirmed working", as long as the test ran to
completion and for the most part behaved properly.

Any machine which does not get an installation and a regression test for
v6.3beta will move to the unsupported list. Also, let us know if you
have an interest in a port even though you cannot actually do the work
to confirm it; that may encourage someone else to volunteer.

Marc/Bruce, can you help me clarify the bsdi/freebsd/netbsd/bsdxxx
entries? I'm not sure which are unique and what the names should be...

                                                       - Tom

*  aix/4.1.4.0-4.2 - confirmed working when built on 4.1.4.0 (Darren
King)
_  aix/3.5 - not yet tested? close enough to 4.1 to count?? (Frank
Dana?)
_  bsdi
_  FreeBSD/2.2.1,2.2.5 - in progress (Tatsuo)
?  NetBSD/i386 version? - not yet tested but should work?
x  NetBSD/m68k Amiga, HP300, Mac - not yet working... (Henry Hotz)
*  NetBSD/sparc version? confirmed working (Tom Helbekkmo)
*  NetBSD/vax version? confirmed working (Tom Helbekkmo)
*  dgux/5.4R4.11 - patches submitted (Brian Gallew)
_  hpux/9.0.x
_  hpux/10.20
_  irix5
_  irix6/MIPS
_  dec/alpha - currently broken? confirmed working on v6.2.1 (Pedro)
_  linux/alpha - currently broken?
*  linux/i386 - confirmed working (Thomas)
?  linux/i386/glibc2 - minor library breakage; in progress (Oliver)
_  mklinux/ppc - in progress (Tatsuo)
_  nextstep - worked with patches on v1.0.9; not working now?
_  sco/i386
_  solaris/i386 - confirmed working (Marc)
*  solaris/sparc/2.5.1 - confirmed working (Marc)
_  solaris/sparc/2.6 - in progress (Tatsuo)
_  sunos/sparc/4.1.4 - in progress (Tatsuo)
_  svr4/MIPS - dcosx and sinix/seimens-nixdorf worked on v6.1 (Frank
Ridderbusch?)
_  ultrix4 - no recent reports? obsolete port??
x  univel - not working now; in progress? (Billy G. Allie)