Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas G. Lockhart
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] v6.3 release ToDo list and supported ports
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> > Tom Helbekkmo reports that Postgres works just fine on NetBSD/sparc
> > (though you should check he's tried a recient version there), and I
> > feel fairly confident of NetBSD/i386 in view of the FreeBSD contengent.
>
> I rebuild everything under NetBSD/sparc and NetBSD/vax at least twice
> per week, and will try to increase the rebuild rate as the release
> draws near.  If I can just get around to replacing the power supply in
> my old i386 box, I can do the same for NetBSD/i386.
>
> However: reading regression test output is a royal pain.  We're
> talking almost 100 kilobytes of 'diff' output per platform, most of
> which is last digit differences in floating point numbers and slightly
> different wording of (expected) error messages.  I cannot guarantee
> that I don't miss actual problems in there that mean something
> relevant.  So far things look pretty good, though.

That counts as a working port for v6.3, since there are not likely to be
changes that break individual ports from here on. If there is a change which
might, then we will post a "call for port testing" on hackers. No need to do
explicit port testing on a daily/weekly basis once a port has been shown to
work in the last few weeks, although it would be a good idea to do it once
more perhaps a few days before the release.

I'll take on the list of tested ports if someone has not already, since I'll
want to fold it into the docs anyway. Will repost my current list soon.

                                                           - Tom