Re: Disabling beta flag in beta3 RPMs - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Jeff Frost
Subject Re: Disabling beta flag in beta3 RPMs
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
I've seen those complaints as well, so I think this is fine.

Do we have anything on the web site that indicates how to grab the src rpm and build it with the beta flag for those
whowould like to do that?

Also, thanks for getting these built!

On Oct 8, 2014, at 6:27 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I decided to disable the beta flag in 9.4 spec file as of beta 3. I have
> seen lots of (mainly offlist) complaints about the performance issue due
> to the compile flags that we enable during beta. Even though this is
> good for testing, I don't want false positive results from beta testers.
>
> I am building the packages today, and will be pushing them tomorrow,
> along with other folks.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Devrim GÜNDÜZ
> Principal Systems Engineer @ EnterpriseDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PostgreSQL Danışmanı/Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer
> Twitter: @DevrimGunduz , @DevrimGunduzTR

---
Jeff Frost <jeff@pgexperts.com>
CTO, PostgreSQL Experts, Inc.