Re: GiST VACUUM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Borodin
Subject Re: GiST VACUUM
Date
List pgsql-hackers

> 22 марта 2019 г., в 19:37, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> написал(а):
>
> On 21/03/2019 19:04, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
>> Attached is the latest patch version, to be applied on top of the
>> IntegerSet patch.
>
> And committed. Thanks Andrey!
>
> - Heikki

Cool! Thank you very much! At the beginning I could not image how many caveats are there.

> 22 марта 2019 г., в 18:28, Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> написал(а):
>
> * Currently, a search needs to scan all items on a page. If the keys are small, that can be pretty slow. Divide each
pagefurther into e.g. 4 sub-pages, with a "bounding box" key for each sub-page, to speed up search.
BTW, I already have intra-page indexing patch. But now it obviously need a rebase :) Along with gist amcheck patch.

Thanks!

Best regards, Andrey Borodin.