Re: BUG #16951: pg_restore segfaults on custom format piped from a different version of PG - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: BUG #16951: pg_restore segfaults on custom format piped from a different version of PG
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com> writes:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2021 at 11:39:33AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Will fix, thanks for the report!

> Yes, thank you both.  I've run into this recently but for some reason I thought
> it was fixed.  It probably also explains this one from 2014.
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20141206061151.GA725@telsasoft.com

Yeah, this does look suspiciously like it explains some past reports
that we failed to reproduce, likely because it didn't occur to us that
reading the file from a non-seekable source would make a difference.

Thanks to Sergey for beating me over the head till I didn't dismiss
it anymore ;-)

            regards, tom lane