Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unite recovery.conf and postgresql.conf
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Joshua Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> What happens currently if we have an \include in postgresql.conf for a file which doesn't exist?  Is it ignored, or
dowe error out?

It's an error, and I think changing that would be a really bad idea.

> If it could just be ignored, maybe with a note in the logs, then we could be a lot more flexible.

There might be a use case for a separate directive include_if_exists,
or some such name.  But I think the user should have to tell us very
clearly that it's okay for the file to not be found.