Re: Should we document how column DEFAULT expressions work? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Should we document how column DEFAULT expressions work?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Also interestingly, "now" without quotes requires parentheses to make it
> a function call:

I'm not sure why you find that surprising, or why you think that
'now()'::timestamptz is a function call.  (Well, it is a call of
timestamptz_in, but not of the SQL function now().)  Documentation
that is equally confused won't help any.