Re: 9.2 upgrade glitch with search_path - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: 9.2 upgrade glitch with search_path
Date
List pgsql-general
> On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 04:51:55PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> pg_dump does not dump/restore database properties, only database
>> contents.  Properties are the responsibility of pg_dumpall, which
>> you bypassed (for databases anyway).

> Isn't this a bug?  Seems there is no way to get these exported without
> pg_dumpall non-'g' mode.

No, it's not a bug.  It is something that'd be nice to make more
flexible, but "bug" is an inappropriate pejorative.  (If you are
unsure about the dividing line, ask yourself if we'd back-patch
such a change.)

            regards, tom lane