Re: Template zero xid issue - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Template zero xid issue
Date
List pgsql-general
"Keaton Adams" <kadams@mxlogic.com> writes:
> Auto vacuum is not enabled:

Hmph.  That shoots down the one semi-plausible idea I had about how you
got into this state.  It seems that the unexpected limit_datname value
must have come from flatfiles.c, but that *certainly* won't pick up
any database with datallowconn = false.  Is it possible that someone
was manually tinkering with the content of pg_database.datallowconn?

I see several other hard-to-explain aspects about the log excerpts you
sent, notably the key warning itself:

> <2007-08-06 09:44:08 MDT>WARNING:  database "template0" must be vacuumed
> within 736811 transactions

8.1 was designed to clamp down *hard* at 1000000 transactions from the
wraparound point, so how did you get to consume almost 300000 more
transactions beyond that limit?

Could you send me the whole postmaster log from the point of the first
sign of trouble, rather than just excerpts?  I suspect there might be
useful evidence you omitted.

            regards, tom lane