Re: Hardware related question: 3ware 9500S - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: Hardware related question: 3ware 9500S
Date
List pgsql-general
I have the time to do it, but not the $$s ;)

Alex

On 4/15/06, Francisco Reyes <lists@stringsutils.com > wrote:
Alex Turner writes:

> Suggests that the 9550SX is at least competitive with the others.

Thanks for the links.

> I know I like the 3ware/AMCC cards because of their very good RAID 10
> performance.

Raid 10 is what I used on my last server and likely what I will use on the
next.

> I wish we could set up an organization to do benchmarks with pgbench on
> various different RAID controllers/drives and publish the results. I know
> I would pay money for that.

Yes. That would be truly very usefull, although it would be very time
consuming.