Re: How to improve db performance with $7K? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alex Turner
Subject Re: How to improve db performance with $7K?
Date
List pgsql-performance
I'm doing some research on SATA vs SCSI right now, but to be honest
I'm not turning up much at the protocol level.  Alot of stupid
benchmarks comparing 10k Raptor drives against Top of the line 15k
drives, where usnurprsingly the SCSI drives win but of course cost 4
times as much.  Although even in some, SATA wins, or draws.  I'm
trying to find something more apples to apples. 10k to 10k.

Alex Turner
netEconomist