[Admin] Deleting Orphan Relfilenode - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Rahul Saha
Subject [Admin] Deleting Orphan Relfilenode
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Experts,

Background - PG version 9.4
Running in Linux Rhel

We have a scenario where we ran Vacuum Full (2 TB Table)but due to some reason Vacuum Full failed.

These have let almost 1 TB orphan Relfilenodes inside base directory under the concern database which does not map with
pg_class.

For example - Select * from pg_class where relfilenode = 123456. It does not return any row but those relfilenode exist
insidebase.

It would be great if you can suggest how to remove those orphan files. I know definitely manually deleting is not
suggestedso thought to know your suggestions.

Kind Regards,
Rahul Saha