Re: Inconsistency of timezones in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Inconsistency of timezones in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Aleksander Alekseev <aleksander@timescale.com> writes:
> Alternatively we could provide timezone_iso(text, timestamp[tz])
> functions that just replace all the +'s to -'s and vice versa in its
> first argument and then calls timezone().

That will add confusion, not reduce it.

> Thoughts?

I think this is a documentation issue, specifically that Section 8.5.3
is not sufficiently in-your-face about "UTC+2" not meaning what you
probably think.  We didn't really do anybody any favors by shoving
those details off to Appendix B.

            regards, tom lane