Error Loading postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-general

From
Subject Error Loading postgresql
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear Sir,

We are planning to develope CRM package with Postgresql database software.
We are planning to load postgresql  package. we are getting following
errors while loading  in redhat8.0 linux.Please give solution for the same
error message.
[root@dcs postgrep]# ls
postgresql-8.0.3  postgresql-8.0.3.tar.bz2
[root@dcs postgrep]# cd postgresql-8.0.3
[root@dcs postgresql-8.0.3]# ./configure
checking build system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking host system type... i686-pc-linux-gnulibc1
checking which template to use... linux
checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no
checking whether NLS is wanted... no
checking for default port number... 5432
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output... configure: error: C compiler
cannot cr
eate executables
[root@dcs postgresql-8.0.3]#
                                                                             we