Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc? - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Віталій Тимчишин
Subject Re: Index bloat, reindex weekly, suggestions etc?
Date
List pgsql-performance

2008/10/17 Tory M Blue <tmblue@gmail.com>

The real issue is my index growth and my requirement for weekly
re-indexing  (which blocks and therefore is more or less a manual
process in a live production environment (fail over, changing vips
etc).

BTW: Can't you simply recreate indexes online? Since postgresql accepts multiple indexes of same definition, this may look like:
1) create index concurrently index_alt
2) analyze index_alt
3) drop index_orig
Both index_alt and index_orig having same definition