Re: Multiple postgres.exe On Processes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Abdul Rahman
Subject Re: Multiple postgres.exe On Processes
Date
List pgsql-general
Dear All,

Thanks John R Pierce for replying fruitful text. I wold like to add some text in your reply from PostgreSQL document for further clarification. i.e.

Each connection runs one process, plus the 3 master processes for the postmaster, the writer, etc. with two logins, I'd expect to see 5 processes. with 102 concurrent logins, 105 processes.[From Pierce]

The PostgreSQL server can handle multiple concurrent connections from clients. For that purpose it starts
(“forks”) a new process for each connection. From that point on, the client and the new server process
communicate without intervention by the original postgres process. Thus, the master server process is
always running, waiting for client connections, whereas client and associated server processes come and
go.[From PostgreSQL Document]

Thanks all.

Regards,
Abdul Rehman