[pgsql-www] Wiki editor request - - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Phillips,Robert V
Subject [pgsql-www] Wiki editor request -
Date
List pgsql-www

I do not necessarily want to be an editor, but I think a clarification should be made on https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/First_steps

It says there to “ First connect/login as root” and then it shows:

#su – postgres

$ psql

ISSUE: on RHEL 7.3, user postgres does not have psql in the path, and when, as user postgres I add a file ~/.bashrc with the line:

export PATH=/usr/pgsql-9.6/bin:$PATH

and relogin as posgtres, the command $ psql is still not found ( I guess redhat 7.3 ignores the ~/.bashrc file --- it is owned by postgress and I set it to mode 755 – and still it has no effect).

However, I must manually do that export command as user posgres in the shell, and only then will the command $psql work.

FYI,

Robert Phillips