Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: unicode searches failing that use % and LIKE operators
Date
List pgsql-general
> "Tom Lane" <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:
>> Hmph, nothing strange-looking there.  I tried to reproduce the problem
>> here, without success.  Now I was using 8.1.10 on Linux (I gather your
>> platform is not Linux from the spelling of the locale names)

> Really? On my Debian system the locales are named precisely like that.
> What do they look like on Red Hat?

$ locale -a | grep en_GB
en_GB
en_GB.iso88591
en_GB.iso885915
en_GB.utf8

This is on Fedora Core 6.  It appears that you can *set* the locale
to "en_GB.UTF-8" successfully, but it doesn't seem to be the preferred
spelling.

            regards, tom lane