Re: Shutting down a warm standby database in - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Shutting down a warm standby database in
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Stephen Harris <lists@spuddy.org> writes:
> Starting up the standby database still goes back to earlier log files,
> but I guess that's the 100 checkpoint thing you mentioned earlier.

Actually I was misremembering that: the frequency of recovery
checkpoints is time-based, and for a slave that's in sync with its
master, they should occur about as often as checkpoints on the master.
So the amount of log to be replayed should be comparable to what the
master would have to replay if it crashed.