Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT
Date
Re: narwhal and PGDLLIMPORT  (Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> writes:
> In the function where it is used, it seems to me that it is setting DateStyle
> as ISO if it is not ISO and function configure_remote_session() will set it
> to ISO initially. So basically even if the value of DateStyle is junk, it will
> just do what we wanted i.e setting it to ISO. Does the failure is due to reason
> that it is not expecting DateStyle to be ISO and due to junk value of this
> parameter it sets the same to ISO.

Meh.  It might be that the DateStyle usage in postgres_fdw would
accidentally fail to malfunction if it saw a bogus value of the variable.
But it's hard to believe that this would be true of MainLWLockArray.