Re: 9.0rc1 Solaris binaries on opensolaris - Mailing list pgsql-testers

From Lou Picciano
Subject Re: 9.0rc1 Solaris binaries on opensolaris
Date
List pgsql-testers
Steve,

Not knowing any more about the binary you're installing, simply looks like a library mismatch.
IE, that the build was with ssl-0.9.7, and your OS install has 0.9.8.  (Further, newer revisions of openssl - such as 1.0.0 - have a 'compatibility' library, to maintain compatibility back to v0.9.8.

That aside, your openSolaris is a bit old.  Current should be snv_134; some have built as far up as snv_141, at least according to legend!

Lou

----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Singer" <ssinger@ca.afilias.info>
To: pgsql-testers@postgresql.org
Sent: Friday, September 3, 2010 12:52:00 PM
Subject: [TESTERS] 9.0rc1 Solaris binaries on opensolaris

[TEST REPORT]
[Release]: 9.0rc1
[Test]: initdb
[Platform]: SunOS opensolaris 5.11 snv_111b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris
[Failure]:  libssl not found
[Results]

I tried running the pre-built Solaris x86 32 bit binaries on an Solaris
11 install and they fail with

bin/initdb
ld.so.1: initdb: fatal: libssl.so.0.9.7: open failed: No such file or
directory
Killed

This version of solaris identifies itself as
uname -a
SunOS opensolaris 5.11 snv_111b i86pc i386 i86pc Solaris

and seems to have libssl.so.0.9.8 installed.

I can't claim to understand Sun branding enough to know if this install
is this opensolaris Oracle is killing off or an old snapshot release of
the what will be Solaris 11.

Our README cautions against using the binaries Solaris versions older
than 10 8/07, we might want to add that it also might not work on newer
versions.  I also wonder if there are Solaris 10 installs with the newer
libssl that will have the same issue.

--
Steve Singer
Afilias Canada