Re: [HACKERS] Removing binaries (was: createlang/droplang deprecated) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Removing binaries (was: createlang/droplang deprecated)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> I wish 'pg' wasn't an already used binary name.  It'd be much nicer if
> we had a '/usr/bin/pg' wrapper binary in the git style, that we could easily
> expand over time, without hitting new conflicts.  I'd even consider a
> '/usr/bin/pgsql' that has commands for all our binaries a considerable
> improvement in the long term.

Meh.  I'm not seeing where "pg command args" is that much superior to
"pg_command args".  Yeah, if we'd done it like that from the beginning
it'd be fine; but people are used to the latter style and I don't feel
a need to make them change over.