Re: pgsql: Use the terminology "WAL file" not "log file" more consistently. - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgsql: Use the terminology "WAL file" not "log file" more consistently.
Date
List pgsql-committers
Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com> writes:
> Thanks for pointing it out. It seems like a good idea IMO. I think
> pg_resetwal also needs the --machine approach. As --machine approach
> needs a good amount of refactoring and discussion, I still think we
> can make buildfarm happy by fixing a proposed solution [1]. Perhaps,
> we can start a new thread for --machine approach.

Agreed; here on -committers is certainly no place for that.

For the moment I'm just going to revert the change in pg_controldata
output, because it occurred to me that pg_upgrade might not be the
only tool side-swiped by that.  We can put it back after we have
some more-stable output format that such tools can start using.

            regards, tom lane