Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toast value 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100
Date
In response to Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: unexpected chunk number 0 (expected 1) for toastvalue 76753264 in pg_toast_10920100  (Harry Ambrose <harry.ambrose@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
Harry Ambrose <harry.ambrose@gmail.com> writes:
> Not sure whether its relevant or not, however upon adding an ANALYSE before
> the second vacuum the issue has not presented when testing. I have managed
> 95 cycles thus far.

I'm still unable to reproduce :-( --- I ran about two dozen cycles
overnight with no sign of trouble.  This time I was using a master/slave
pair with the test database in a non-default partition, so neither of
those aspects seem to be key after all.

I suspect the reason for it being so hard to reproduce is that there's
a timing window involved.  But that doesn't offer much to go on in
terms of being able to make a more reproducible case.

            regards, tom lane