Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
> Here's a completely novel idea: accept incremental patches.

I don't think it's as novel as all that --- personally I've always
preferred to tackle large projects incrementally.

> I've been bitten by having stuff rejected because there was no immediate
> use for them;

Maybe you failed to make the larger picture clear.  If you'd gotten the
pghackers list to agree to some plan like "I want to accomplish X, and
to get there I want to do A then B then C", I doubt we'd have rejected a
subsequent patch to do A (assuming it doesn't break anything else, of
course).