GSoC 2011 - indexing XML data - Mailing list pgsql-students

From Tomáš Pospíšil
Subject GSoC 2011 - indexing XML data
Date
GSoC 2011 - indexing XML data - proposal  (Tomáš Pospíšil <killteck@seznam.cz>)
List pgsql-students
Hi,

In this days i am finishing XML validation patch and having review of indexing XML type with support of ltree in
contrib.XML validation is in TODO. The next step is at my point of view indexing XML data. So i'm doing review of
LibXML2structures and ltree module in contrib.

Result of this work will be my master thesis, so i assume this could be good start for GSoC. Unfortunately i'm new in
thisarea and deadline is close. I don't know if this project worth for it

What about mentors? May i send email to someone in http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/GSoC_2011#2011_Mentors or will be
selectedby community if will I be choosen? Lastly what about proposal, exist any template or formal style is not
necessary?

Thanks Tomas Pospisil