Solaris + locale bug identified - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Solaris + locale bug identified
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Boban Acimovic was kind enough to give me access to a Solaris 8 system
to track down a reproducible server crash.  What I find is that strxfrm
is buggy on that system.  Given locale is_IS.ISO8859-1, the call

    strxfrm(<ptr>, "pg_amop_opc_strategy_index", 58)

was observed to scribble on 108 bytes of memory at <ptr>, not the 58
that it was allowed to.  This naturally led to death and destruction
upon next use of the adjacent data structures.

I don't know yet whether this is a known/repaired problem, or whether
it occurs in any locales besides Icelandic.  But I thought I'd give
the list a heads-up.  If anyone recognizes this bug, more info would
be appreciated.