Re: FILLFACTOR and increasing index - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leonardo Francalanci
Subject Re: FILLFACTOR and increasing index
Date
Re: FILLFACTOR and increasing index  (Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz>)
List pgsql-general
> What about the index size?  How much space do they occupy? Analyze the
> table and do this

Of course space is different. That's not the point. The point is: I'm willing
to pay the price for another HD, if that helps with performance. But it doesn't.

> The minimal performance difference is  probably caused by the fact that
> we're dealing with int4 column (and you've  used just 100000 rows, i.e.
> about 0.5MB of data) so the index is going to be  tiny anyway.

I've used 10M rows, not 100000.

> Let's try to do that with varchar(32) column, just do  something like this

Did it with 5M rows. Still no difference.