Re: DBT-5 & Postgres 9.0.3 - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: DBT-5 & Postgres 9.0.3
Date
List pgsql-performance
"ktm@rice.edu" <ktm@rice.edu> writes:
> On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 10:59:12AM -0700, bobbyw wrote:
>> Why is psql looking in /tmp?

> Because that is the default location. If you want to change it, you need
> to use the -h commandline option.

It sounds to me like bobbyw might have two separate installations of
postgres (or at least two copies of psql), one compiled with /tmp as the
default socket location and one compiled with /var/run/postgresql as the
default.  /tmp is the out-of-the-box default but I think Debian likes to
build it with /var/run/postgresql as the default.

            regards, tom lane