Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist" - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"
Date
In response to Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Responses Re: Issue upgrading from 9.5 to 13 with pg_upgrade: "connection to database failed: FATAL: database "template1" does not exist"  (Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net>)
List pgsql-general
> On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 12:06:34PM -0500, Jeremy Wilson wrote:
>> Not sure what you mean by this - I’ve installed the postgis packages for 9.5 and 13 and the extensions are installed
andworking in 9.5, but I’m not doing anything but initdb and then pg_upgrade for 13.

> I think he is asking about shared_preload_libraries,
> local_preload_libraries, and session_preload_libraries.

Yeah, but if Jeremy isn't touching the new cluster's config between
initdb and pg_upgrade, those won't be set.

I'm kind of baffled at this point.  It seems pretty likely that this
is related to the v13 postgis problems we've heard a few reports of,
but the symptoms are a lot different.

Best advice I can give is to go inquire on the postgis mailing lists
as to whether they've figured out the "free(): invalid pointer"
issue.  (I assume that dropping postgis from the source DB is not
an option...)

            regards, tom lane