Re: Blocksize Config Make Check Failures - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: Blocksize Config Make Check Failures
Date
List pgsql-general
GMail <mfwilson@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm attempting to get a little bit more disk performance out of a data
> warehouse like PG 9.5 RC1 instance I have that is running on ZFS
> (recordsize=128K).  When trying to make PG 9.5RC1 with --blocksize > 8
> four of the make check tests are reported as failing.

Yeah, that's unsurprising.  You can also get some discrepancies from the
expected output if you, eg, run with nondefault planner parameters.

Thanks for pointing this out though, because I notice that somebody
stuck a bunch of plain EXPLAIN commands into rowsecurity.sql, in clear
violation of the project policy about using COSTS OFF in regression
explain commands.  That's causing some though not all of your diffs,
and might lead to pseudo-failures in other environments that we do
consider supported.  I'll go fix that ...

            regards, tom lane