Re: UUIDs & Clustered Indexes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: UUIDs & Clustered Indexes
Date
List pgsql-general
Luke Gordon <gordysc@gmail.com> writes:
> PS I attempted to reply to the above thread, but downloading the "raw" link
> resulted in a basic auth challenge.  If I entered my mailing list
> credentials, I'd just get rechallenged with basic auth...

BTW, so far as that goes: it's just a weak anti-bot measure.
If you try it in Firefox you'll get an explanation:

    A username and password are being requested by
    https://www.postgresql.org. The site says: "Please authenticate
    with user archives and password antispam"

Unfortunately, we've found that most other browsers don't present that
message :-(

            regards, tom lane