Re: [SPAM] Remote Connection Help - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Moreno Andreo
Subject Re: [SPAM] Remote Connection Help
Date
List pgsql-general
Il 21/11/19 22:40, Peter J. Holzer ha scritto:
> On 2019-11-21 17:27:04 +0100, Moreno Andreo wrote:
>> Connection refused means somthing has blocked it. If it was all OK and simply
>> Postgres was not listening, you should've received a "connection timed out"
>> (10060) message.
> Almost exactly the other way around. If you try to connect to a port
> where no server is listening, you get a connection refused message.
> If something is blocking the connection you may get a timeout.
>
>          hp

O.O
You're right, obviously. Don't know why, it's since school days that
sometines I swap these 2 error meanings (and have to deal with the
consequences)...
But I'm confident that one day there will be no more swapping...
hopefully until I retire ...:-)
Thanks for pointing out and sorry for the mistake
(blushing)

Moreno.-