Re: psql history on OSX terminal - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Satori
Subject Re: psql history on OSX terminal
Date
List pgsql-general
While I am not all *that* familiar with the Heroku version, it looks a bit like they are are linking against
libreadlineinstead of libedit in order to maximize platform compatability with older revisions of OS X (10.6.x).  Short
ofrebuilding against libedit on 10.8 I don't know that you have an easy fix.

On May 9, 2013, at 9:01 PM, Brett Haydon <brett@haydon.id.au> wrote:

> Using the Heroku PostresApp (9.2.2)
> /Applications/Postgres.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/psql
> OSX 10.8 default bash shell
>
> This is kinda what I end up with (one line after the other and the cursor in the middle) though using the down arrow
keycan add extra lines in completely messing up the line altogether

> brett=# select 1+1;                select 1+2;
>
> On 10/05/2013, at 10:48 AM, Andrew Satori <dru@druware.com> wrote:
>
>> Several, but most depend upon how you installed.  In several of the installation methods (binary) the default
terminalmanagement routine has some issues (version linked to), but there are several other possible interactions.
Whichway did you install?  which shell are you using in terminal? which version of OS X?  All of these factors will
helpisolate the root of the problem.

>> Dru
>>
>> On May 9, 2013, at 8:37 PM, Brett Haydon <brett@haydon.id.au> wrote:
>>
>>> On OSX terminal, when I try and access psql history the historical line is only partially visible sometimes mixed
withthe last line executed, and the start position of the cursor moves about 15-20 chars in. The line still executes
correctly,but it's driving me nuts. Google was not my friend. Any ideas?