Re: [HACKERS] Discussion on missing optimizations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Discussion on missing optimizations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
David Rowley <david.rowley@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
> It would be much nicer if you'd at least wait for benchmarks before
> shooting.

Benchmarks of what?  We'd have to expend quite a bit of effort just
to get to a place where we'd have something to benchmark.  I do not
think it's unreasonable of me to express an opinion that that would
likely be wasted effort.  If you disagree, and are willing to expend
such effort speculatively, I'm not stopping you.