Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Dunstan
Subject Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> Huh, but the patch can be applied with -R to revert it after the
> buildfarm run ... the one problem I can see is if the patch fails for
> some reason; for which I'd suggest running a patch --dry-run as a first
> step, checking that it applies cleanly, and only continue in that case.

Unfortunately, this won't fly as we rely on file timestamps to tell us
which files have changed.

Tom's idea of making a temp copy of the repo and patching that would work,
but if you're going to do that why do a vpath build anyway?

Regarding the idea of a list of approved patch authorisers, don't we have
such a group now? i.e. "committers".

cheers

andrew