Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventive maintenance in advance of pgindent run.)
Date
In response to Re: pgindent (was Re: [HACKERS] [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Preventivemaintenance in advance of pgindent run.)  (Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me>)
List pgsql-hackers
Piotr Stefaniak <postgres@piotr-stefaniak.me> writes:
> On 2017-05-21 03:00, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I wrote:
>>> Also, I found two places where an overlength comment line is simply busted
>>> altogether --- notice that a character is missing at the split point:

>> I found the cause of that: you need to apply this patch:

> I have been analyzing this and came to different conclusions.

Well, the code as it stands breaks those two comments (and a third one
I'd failed to notice before).  With the patch I propose, the only changes
are that those comments are left unmolested.  So even aside from the
fact that this code is visibly unsafe, it does correspond to the symptom.