Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns
Date
In response to Re: [BUGS] Re: BUG #9555: pg_dump for tables with inheritance recreates the table with the wrong order of columns  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
> I looked at this issue from March and I think we need to do something.
> In summary, the problem is that tables using inheritance can be dumped
> and reloaded with columns in a different order from the original
> cluster.

Yeah ... this has been a well-understood issue for a dozen years, and
pg_dump goes to considerable trouble to get it right.

> I think we have several options:

> 1.  document this behavior

That one.