Re: pgaccess not connecting - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: pgaccess not connecting
Date
List pgsql-general
Bill Barnes <bbarnes@operamail.com> writes:
> kgb10:/home/billb# /etc/init.d/postgreql start -i
> Starting PostgreSQL postmaster
> kgb10:/home/billb# ps ax | grep postmaster
> 24746 pts/5    S      0:00 /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postmaster -b
>             /usr/lib/postgresql/bin/postgres -B 128 -D
>             /var/lib/postgres/data -d 0

> What could account for the missing -i switch in the running postmaster?

Are you sure your /etc/init.d/postgreql is designed to pass its own
commandline switches on to the invoked postmaster?  Usually startup
scripts don't do that, since they are not designed to be run by hand
but from /etc/rc.  My bet is that there is a config file somewhere that
the init.d script is reading (which is where the other switches given
to the postmaster are coming from).  You need to put -i in that file.

            regards, tom lane